Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Before the month of March is over, I figured I needed to write a post about my birthday which was on the 1st. It was AWESOME. :)

Well, having to proctor the English TAKS test (our standardized state test, for you non-Texans) wasn't exactly awesome, but the rest of the day sure was! Megan started the day off right by giving me a McDonald's gift card to buy my birthday breakfast. How fun is that?! Then I went to school and stared at the walls, out the window, over my students' heads, etc. until about 2:15. Boo. (One of my sweet PACE kids did bring me brownies, though. Thanks, Sergio!)

After school I went home and took a nap because some of my fun friends were coming over at 5:00. Daniella was on pizza patrol, and I just mingled with people and ate my Totino's pizza. I am still totally on a Totino's kick, by the way. For dessert, the roomies presented me with a super fun cookie cake with - wait for it - a big roller skate on the top! That's right, people. My 27th birthday had a roller skating theme. Don't be jealous.

Once we had a sufficient sugar high from the chocolate chip and M&M cookie cake, most of the party crowd headed to the local skating rink. I was fairly concerned that we would be the only people over the age of 12, but thankfully, I was wrong. Oh, I skated my heart out! It was such a fun party. I am so thankful I have great friends who will put on skates and act like a bunch of ten-year-old hoodlums for me!

When the roomies, Melissa, and I got home from the skating rink, I was finally allowed to open my gifts. EVERYTHING was great, and I loved it all! I received way more than I deserve, but I am truly thankful. This was one of my best birthdays ever!

No comments: