This is what our house looked like the morning of Tuesday, February 2nd - after I received a call from my principal at 5 AM telling me school was cancelled.
Then school was also cancelled on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. :) Don't worry, though; we found plenty to do around the house! On Tuesday, I steam-cleaned the carpet, caught up on TV-viewing, and took a nap. On Wednesday, we ventured out to Target, Panda Express, and Hobby Lobby. While at Target, I found this:
Oh, we spent many hours playing Nancy Drew! It was glorious, and we still haven't beaten it yet. That's on the schedule for this weekend. :) One day I made I made some chili. It was quite yummy, and I froze what we didn't eat for later.
On Saturday, we had our home group over for Bible study. This meant we spent all of Saturday morning cleaning, and Deanna made Rotel (cheese dip to Megan). Most of us went to the 5:00 service, and a few of us continued on to dinner at McAlister's. It was nice to be out of the house.
For Super Bowl Sunday, Deanna made homemade salsa and Daniella made soft tacos for us. Megan couldn't be there because she was dogsitting at her parents. :(
This was probably my favorite meal of Snowcation 2011, even though Deanna's salsa burned off my taste buds! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment