Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

On this Thanksgiving day, I thought it would be appropriate to list the top 10 things I'm thankful for. Since I just can't seem to blog regularly, maybe I will just start posting relevant top 10 lists. LOL.

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For:

10. I am thankful for my house. It is worth all the trouble I went through over the summer! :)
9. I am thankful for my job. It is not always easy or immediately rewarding, but I know that I affect our future while teaching in the present. That's pretty cool, but it also brings with it a heavy (and sometimes tiring) responsibility.
8. I am thankful for my great roommates, Megan and Deanna. Without them, I would not be such a happy homeowner. ;)
7. I am thankful for my church. I am ready to meet more people by signing up to volunteer!
6. I am thankful for air travel. Driving 9 or so hours to see my family would get old quickly. That said...
5. I am thankful for my car. That 2001 Honda Accord has done just about everything I've asked. We've had a few gasoline issues in the past, but overall, it has been good to me, and I think we've got a few thousand more miles of togetherness. :)
4. I am thankful for my Mississippi State University education. GO BULLDOGS!!!
3. I am thankful for my health. I was sick last week with a sinus infection, but that really pales in comparison to people with life-threatening illnesses. Anywho, it was a great reminder of what a blessing my healthy, working body is and how I should be taking better care of it.
2. I am thankful for my friends and family. I have to list these two together because I have so many friends that I love as family and many family members that I am fortunate enough to also count as my friends.
1. I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, without whom the other nine would be irrelevant.

There are so many other things I could list, but that would take up the rest of my posts for the year, and y'all have other blogs to read! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: