Although my weekdays have been somewhat stressful since Thanksgiving, my weekends have been AWESOME! :) Last weekend, Deanna and I watched some Christmas movies on Friday night. Saturday morning I woke up early, ran some errands, and then went Christmas shopping. I went early in the day to beat the crowds. (You know it will be a madhouse when the mall offers valet parking.) Deanna was at a school thing and Megan was in Fort Worth, so I was able to wrap all of my gifts when I got home around lunchtime. Sunday morning Deanna and I went to the first church service in our new building. It was GREAT to be there, but it was also bittersweet since Matt (our lead pastor) was still in the hospital recovering from brain surgery. You can catch up on the whole story and read updates here. God is doing a great work through it all. It has been amazing to watch the faith of their family (especially during Matt's video the day before his surgery - you can watch it by following the link above), to see how the community has responded (calls to prayer on the wall at Starbucks and the digital sign in front of Celebrity Car Wash, just to name a few), and to see the church local and church universal come together to love on and pray for this man. May God continue to be glorified in all of it. After a great church service, I came home and did some reorganizing and painted a baby shower gift. Then I relaxed for the rest of the day. :)
This weekend was lots of fun, too. I even started it early on Thursday night. My good friend Vicki cooked a delicious dinner, and she, our friend Gloria, and I had each other crying tears of laughter for about 3 hours straight! Those two ladies are two of my most special friends out here. I love the fact that they are both over twice my age (roughly...I think), and it does not matter one bit. They are great Christian ladies who have had a tremendous impact on my life out here. Friday night was very relaxing as I was in bed by 9:15!!! That should tell you about the week I had. LOL. I got up early Saturday morning to run some errands and then came home to clean, clean, clean. I kid you not, people - I cleaned for four hours straight! Why, you ask? Mary Beth and Michael were coming, of course! It is my life's goal to impress MB, and Michael had never seen the house before, so it was important for it to be clean! :) We had an excellent dinner of Mexican lasagna, and then we played Phase 10 while watching "Miracle on 34th Street". It was so. much. fun. I can't wait to do it again!!!
Today consisted of church, lunch at home, Christmas movie #1, Christmas movie #2, a pretend nap, dinner, pretend grading, and blogging. :) I hope you've enjoyed this scintillating post, and now I'm off to bed. Love y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment