Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Punctuation Peeve

It's exam week, and all is quiet on the classroom front. So, what is Ms. Watkins doing? Grading? Planning? Nope; she's blog-stalking!

And while I have been perusing friends' blogs (and their friends' blogs, etc.), I keep noticing the same punctuation error. However, before I bust some folks out, I would like to say that none of my friends that are listed on my blog roll are guilty of this error. :) So, what's the error, you ask. Misuse of apostrophes!!! Guys, when you get married that means there are TWO of you with the last name. Not that one of you suddenly has possession of something. Here are some examples with made up names.

It should be: The Garcias - not The Garcia's
The Lees - not The Lee's
The Longs - not The Long's

So, dear friends, if you know someone who is making this mistake, either direct them to this post or tell them yourselves! Thank you. That is all.

No comments: