This week has had so many ups and downs that I'm starting to feel a little bit sick. LOL. First my students were great. Then they all went crazy. Thankfully, most of them have returned to the good side. In fact, I'm really looking forward to my 8th period class today, and I normally despise them. :) J. made her one-month milestone of no cutting on Wednesday but celebrated by going to the movies with L. She even called me that night because it had been a great day for her. Unfortunately, Thursday morning (J.'s 18th birthday, no less) L. started a huge fight that ended with an IM from J. (to L.) saying she wanted to kill herself. It said something to the effect of, "I can't live without you. I WON'T live without you." It literally made me want to throw up. It breaks my heart to see one hold so much power over the other, especially when I don't understand it at all. Please pray. At this point L. may need more prayer than J. I think she may be more messed up than I ever imagined.
Back to the good. My student Jonathan (that I mentioned in the last post) came and found me today during my conference period to give me my Christmas card. What was on the front? A nativity scene. What did the inside say? "May God bless you this season." I couldn't help but smile. Bless his heart. He's so curious.
Well, my team is about to have our little Christmas lunch. See you back here soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment