Since it has been a looooooooooooooooooong time since my last post, I thought I'd let all of my readers (the 2 or 3 of you out there...LOL) know what I've been up to.
1. Classroom Missionary - Unless you are a teacher who really strives to get to know your students, you really can't fathom what goes on with them outside of class. Please pray for me and anyone else you know in the classroom. Our kids face issues that we could never even dream of. J is back at school after about 2 months. She says she is finished with cutting; she has, however, resumed contact with L. While J was in the hospital program, I had another student whose mother withdrew her from school to punish her. She is now living with her grandmother in east Texas. Sad, sad situation.
2. Finishing My 1st Semester of Graduate School - Yes, I survived. My last class was the week before Thanksgiving. Praise the Lord - I got an A in both classes!
3. Travelling - I was able to time my trip to B'ham just right. Jack Wesley Farmer was born there as I was boarding my plane in Dallas. :) It was so exciting to be there just a few hours after he made his entrance. I am also thrilled to say that I got to watch Grace in action at a soccer game the next morning. She is fierce! So impressive. Additionally, I got to see their mom, Kerry (one of my longest-running friendships - we go back to 3rd grade!), and their dad, Wes (love him!). Kerry's parents and sister were there, too; they are like family. I love 'em all!
*I was also able to attend MSU's Homecoming football game. Fun weekend!
*I travelled back to MS a few weeks later for Thanksgiving. I had more fun with the Ellis-Farmer family, spent time with my actual family (LOL), and just enjoyed seeing people. I will be back in 11 days. :)
4. Painting - Deanna and Vicki have finally convinced me to try to sell some of my art work. My school is having a craft fair this weekend. Here is what I have painted to sell so far:
1 comment:
I am glad you're back!!!!
Post a Comment