Monday, December 15, 2008

Last Week of School for 2008

Yay! Only 4 more days of school before Christmas break! :) It should be a pretty easy week; my regular English III classes are finishing The Crucible; my pre-AP class is reading Frederick Douglass's autobiography; and my PSAT class is working online. Later in the week, my regular students will begin an essay, so that will end the week on a quiet note for me! ;)

I got an email from Sandy (the girl whose mother pulled her out of our school) this morning. It was very sweet and reminded me of all the reasons why I'm a teacher. I also got another chance to share my faith with a student after school. He is a junior, recently "came out" to his family, and is very confused about God/church/the Bible. He flat out said that he does not know anything about how it all works, and that he feels like he is already going to hell because he's gay, so what's the point of church? Please pray for me as I hopefully get to continue this conversation. He is very inquisitive, so I'm pretty sure he'll be back. This isn't the first time we've talked about God. His name is Jonathan, so please remember him in your prayers.

No comments: