Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I turned 26 on Monday. Lucky for me, my birthday fun started last Wednesday (2/24) when my friend Melissa came to visit! She made a special trip all the way from Kansas to visit me and deliver my birthday goodies. Since she is a scrapbooker, I normally get awesome handmade gifts from her, and this birthday was no different. She made this awesome dry erase to-do list out of a square frame, scrapbook paper, and embellishments. So cute! I will be back to post a picture later.
On Thursday, my mom and my Aunt Tina came into town. They spent Friday shopping (while I slaved away at school), and then we had a delicious homemade dinner that night. We shopped, did yard work, and ate dinner at The Cheesecake Factory on Saturday. It was my first time to eat at CF, and it was delicious!
For my actual birthday, Deanna and I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Guero's, where I was surprised to find our friends Vicki and Jesseca sitting at our table. We had so much fun! Megan had to work at the MK meeting, so we met back at the house to eat my indescribably delectable marble birthday cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes. I will have to post a picture later. It was beautiful AND tasty. Earlier in the day, I received a barrage of emails from facebook telling me about all of my great friends posting on my wall, several visits from old students, and lots of texts/phone calls wishing me a great day. It was AWESOME!

I am making an intentional effort to post more often, so check back tomorrow for my "5 Things" post. :)

No comments: