This entire school year has flown by, but the month of April did especially. What with the TAKS testing and swine flu scare (My school did NOT get out, by the way!), half of April was gone right there. My mom's birthday was on the 29th, and then I went home to MS for the weekend. I got to spend the weekend with Katherine and Shawn in Meridian, but on Saturday morning, I drove up to Columbus for Meagan's wedding shower. After the shower, I took Mom to eat at Huck's for her birthday. Then I got right back in the car and headed to Meridian. It was quite a whirlwind trip!
Just as I was getting back to Texas, Deanna was preparing to drive to AL. (Her school DID get out - lucky!) Tuesday night while she was gone, someone knocked on our apartment door. Let me just say, it scared the bejesus out of me! No one was there when I crept downstairs and peered out the peephole. (Trust me, at that hour, I was NOT opening the door!) Long story short, the security officer came and checked it out, didn't see anything, and I tried (unsuccessfully) to get some sleep. I ended up taking a half-day at school and came home and went to sleep.
Currently, I'm in the middle of house-hunting. It's not as fun as it looks on TV. I took a break this weekend for some great fun that will get its own post. Check back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment