Monday, December 6, 2010

One Warm Coat

My campus is hosting a donation drive for One Warm Coat this year. Basically, we have several bins around the school where we can drop off outerwear and belts until December 8th. I will make my donation tomorrow, and if your area is having a drive like this, I encourage you to find something to donate as well! :)

We have lots of students at my school that need warm coats, too. This year, one of my favorite team members, Tom, took matters into his own hands. He noticed two of his law girls, SG and LC, had gone without coats the past two years and assumed this year would be the same. A few weeks ago, he asked if I would deliver the coats to the girls without mentioning where they came from. He said he was bringing two coats that his own daughters no longer wore. I told him I would be happy to figure out a way to deliver the coats and promptly forgot.

I parked next to Tom this morning, and he promptly thrust two brand new coats into my arms. So today during my conference period, I hunted down SG. Y'all! It was awesome. I don't teach her, so I introduced myself as her team leader, congratulated her on her professionalism, and presented her with the coat. (I tried not to make it seem like a handout.) She was ECSTATIC. She just kept repeating, "But it's so pretty!"

Wow. Merry Christmas, SG. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, friend, you did not tell me this awesome story! I'm glad you shared it on here because it made me tear up! (Of course we know that this is no big feat today! ;)
~Mego